- Videos (Youtube.com)
- Biblical Studies &Theology
- Systematic Theology
- Historical Studies & Theology
- Practical Theology
- Comparative Theology
- Interdisciplinary Theology
- Study Theology On-line
- Bible Commentaries
- Theological Research Sites
- Theological Research Software
- Theological Journals
- Dictionary of Rare Theological terms and Slang
- Download a DJVU Viewer
About The Theology Gateway
The vision of the Theology Gateway is to become a gateway or portal to websites for theological research. Our purpose is to index all available on-line resources concerning Christian theology with the bigger focus on available books rather than websites.
You can find many theological sites on the web but few of them provide information of where you can find resources needed for study and research in a structured way which is our way to represent it.
The Theology Gateway contains links to:
- Books which can be freely used (on-line or downloaded)
- Copyrighted books which are available on-line for reading - fully or partially
- Books to be bought from big sellers as Amazon or Chrsitian Books
- Sites which are dedicated to a specific area in Christian theology
We provide a structured way to material following the structure of Christian theology:
- Biblical studies & theology: survey, introduction, exegesis, theology and hermeneutics of the Old and New Testaments
- Systematic Theology: from different confessional positions and historical significant centuries
- Historical Studies and Theology: the history of Christian doctrine and the history of the Church
- Practical Theology: dedicated to the individual, the church and the society in areas like Christian life, homiletics, evangelism, church planting and growth, pastoral theology and etc.
- Interdisciplinary Theology: the junction between theology and other sciences like cosmology, physics, history, economics, scoiology, psychology and etc
For future we would like to develop a page in Comparative Theology in which Christianity will be compared in relation to other world religions and add a Prolegomena (Introduction) to Christian theology.
The site is oriented toward
students on a bachelor and master levels but many doctoral level researches will also find a lot of material here. So the style of representing the information is aimed to be understood by all. That is why we provide also sections with links to audio materials.
Professional theologians from the academic community will find many links to theologians from other traditions with different viewpoints which will broaden their own understanding. Also here one can find a resources he never knew existed.
Pastors, Teachers and Church Ministry
The Theology Gateway is NOT meant to be a site for mere Bible study which only provides methods for Bible study in the church because such sites exist and they do a far better job than the Theology Gateway! We are especially dedicated to the academic study of theology.
However educated people which serve in the church or those who would like to educate themselves (formally or by self education) will find the Theology Gateway a good starting point for increasing their knowledge about the Bible, biblical exegesis and Christian doctrine.
Those who have to prepare a sermon or a lesson for the church will find resources of how to do that and can grow in knowledge and commitment to the work that God has been given them to do.
The site uses English as the primary source because the majority theological students use English. However some books do not have English translations and sometimes we link to materials in German, French, Latin and other languages which are widely used among theologians. After the Theology Gateway begins to rank higher in search engines we will think for a Russian translation and giving many links in Russian.
Let there be glory to God, the one and only Holy Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, forever and ever!
Last Updated (Wednesday, 19 May 2010 13:44)